BBB Online Verification
Posted by websiteverification on November 14, 2008
As an online business owner, there are certain steps that should be taken in order to prove to your customers that you are operating a legitimate business. Customers want to know that they can trust your site to keep their personal information private. Something that you should consider in order to keep customers coming back to your site, are trust seals. Many companies offer trust seals, but the one I am going to mention now is the BBB online (Better Business Bureau online).
The BBB online is a non profit organization. According to their website, their mission is to promote trust and confidence online through the use of their BBB online trust mark. The BBB online allows web site owners to display the trust seal if they have been evaluated and confirmed to meet the program standards for good business practices online.
In order to qualify for the BBB online seal, you must first be sure that you are an accredited BBB business. You can apply to become an accredited business at the same time you apply for the BBB online seal. You must also meet all of the BBB online standards, which are as follows:
- Your business must be based in or have a physical presence in the United States or Canada.
- You must have been in business for at least one year.
- You must provide the BBB with information such as management, address, and phone number that can be physically verified by the BBB.
- Your business must have a satisfactory complaint handling record, and respond promptly to any customer complaints.
- Your business should agree to participate in BBB’s advertising self-regulation program, and comply with their code of advertising.
Once your site has been reviewed and your business has been approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to install the BBB online trust seal on your web site. Before you know it, your site will be more secure and your customers will know they can shop on your site safely. This means increased sales for you! So check out third party verification and trust seals like BBB online for your site. It really works.